Internal Medicine with Specialists’ Offices
Internal Medicine unit at the Jedro Health Center works on prevention and treatment of diseases of internal organs.
Internist examination includes:
- Medical history, a detailed interview with the patient about his/her health,
- Clinical examination,
- Blood pressure measurement,
- Identifying and correcting risk factors which can cause malignant and heart diseases,
- Making a diagnosis and prescribing treatment,
- Possible recommendation of additional tests.
In addition to examination by a specialist and sub-specialist, the Internal Medicine unit performs a number of diagnostic procedures necessary for establishing a diagnosis and prescribing appropriate treatment:
- Complete laboratory tests,
- A wide range of ultrasound examinations, including examinations with ultrasonography color Doppler (heart, stomach, thyroid and parathyroid glands, breasts, neck blood vessels, limb blood vessels, kidney blood vessels),
- Continuous monitoring of EKG and blood pressure (Holter)
- Heart stress test,
- Endoscopy (esophagus, stomach, duodenum),
- Spirometry (pulmonary function tests),
- FNA of thyroid nodules with cytological diagnosis.
All examinations at the Internal Medicine unit are performed using the most advanced diagnostic machines, operated by experienced and highly qualified physicians.
Complete digitized radiology and mammography equipment is being installed. It will enable a wide range of radiology examinations such as heart and lung teleradiography, spine and joints radiography, ventriculography, bowel passage, irrigography, intravenous urography, hysterosalpingography, etc.
Within Internal Medicine unit, we have the following specialist wards:
Head of Cardiology is assistant professor Sulejman Čolak, M.D, Ph.D, and part time consultants are specialists from the Military Medical Academy, Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases “Dedinje” and Clinical Center of Serbia, with extensive experience in the diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases:
- Dr Biljana Putinčanin Slović, internista
- Docent dr Sulejman Čolak, kardiolog
- Dr Jasna Petrić, specijalista interne medicine, supspecijalista gastroenterolog i hepatolog
- Dr Milan Mijailović - specijalista kardiologije
Cardiology offers the following medical services:
- Cardiac examination – EKG,
- Ultrasound of the heart,
- Spirometry (pulmonary function tests),
- Heart stress test on a treadmill,
- Continuous monitoring of the heart with EKG, for a period of 24 and 72 hours, using the HOLTER method
- Continuous monitoring of blood pressure, for a period of 24 and 48 hours, using the HOLTER method
- Preventive cardiology in patients with risk of heart and blood vessels diseases, with the aim to prolong life expectancy and improve the quality of life.
Jedro’s top-quality team of cardiologists works on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of arterial hypertension, ischemic heart disease, various forms of cardiomyopathy, diseases of the hart lining, cardiac valve diseases, cardiac arrhythmias, congenital heart defects, etc.
Head of Gastroenterology is Jasna Petrić, M.D, Ph.D, gastroenterologist and hepatologist.
Our permanent consultants are:
- Profesor dr Miodrag Krstić
- Ass. dr sci med Ivan Jovanović
- Prim dr Dragoslav Kandić
- Prof dr Radoje Doder
- Dr Petrović Stanko
We perform diagnosis of diseases of the gastrointestinal system and the hepatobiliary system using the most advanced equipment.
We implement the following diagnostic procedures:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (gastroscopy) under local anesthesia, using "Olympus" video endoscope
- Colonoscopy, using "Olympus" video-colonoscope
- Anoscopy under local anesthesia (examination of anal canal and end part of the rectum),
- Abdominal ultrasonography, using the latest generation "Hitachi" instrument, with the possibility of performing color Doppler ehoangiography of the stomach blood vessels.
Jedro’s top-quality team of gastroenterologists works on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the stomach and bowel diseases (ulcer, inflammation, tumors, inflammatory disease types of Crohns disease and ulcerative colitis), pancreas (inflammations and tumors) and hepatobiliary system (various inflammations, liver and gallbladder diseases, gallbladder calculi, benign and malignant tumors of the peritoneum (peritonitis, tumors) and metabolic diseases, such as Wilsons disease. Our doctors have solid experience in liver transplantation, and patients in whom this therapy is indicated can obtain detailed information.
In addition to standard diagnostic procedures in the field of nephrology, we perform examinations practiced by a relatively small number of physicians in Serbia:
- Color Doppler angiography of renal arteries
- Color Doppler ultrasonography of the transplanted kidney.
In addition, the following examinations are performed:
- Ultrasonography of parathyroid glands in patients on dialysis,
- Ultrasonography of abdomen, bladder and prostate.
Part time consultant in the field of nephrology is attending physician, specialist Josip Butorajac, MD, Ph.D.
Examinations are performed on the latest generation "Hitachi" instruments.
Our doctors work on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of inflammation of the kidneys and urinary tract (glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis), nephrolithiasis (kidney stones and urinary tract stones), including the necessary metabolic-endocrine testing, kidney tumor and urinary tract tumor, kidney disease in the metabolic (diabetes), systemic (lupus, vasculitis, Sjogrens syndrome) and hematological disorders (multiple myeloma), cystic kidney diseases (polycystic disease, juvenile nephronophthisis, individual renal cysts), arterial hypertension of renal origin, chronic renal failure, and preparing patients for hemodialysis and kidney transplantation.
Prevention and treatment of endocrine glands and metabolism diseases in the Jedro Endocrinology ward are performed by experienced endocrinologists: professor Zoran Hajduković, M.D, Ph.D, specialist Snežana Kuzmić-Janković, M.D, M.Sc, specialist Tamara Dragović, M.D, M.Sc, from the Military Medical Academy, assistant professor Svetlana Jelić, M.D, Ph.D, from the CHC “Bežanijska kosa", professor Predrag Đorđević, M.D, Ph.D. and specialist Vesna Mijailović, M.D, M.Sc.
Jedro’s experienced experts work on prevention and treatment of:
1. Diseases of the hypothalamus,
2. Pituitary gland disease (pituitary gland tumors, hyperprolactinemia, growth hormone hypersecretion, hypopituitarism and diabetes insipidus)
3. Thyroid gland diseases (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiter, thyroid gland tumors and various types of thyroiditis),
4. Parathyroid gland diseases (parathyroid gland hypofunction and parathyroid gland hyperfunction, i.e. primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism),
5. Diseases of the adrenal gland (adrenal gland cortex hyperfunction and hypofunction, and adrenal gland core diseases, such as pheochromocytoma),
6. Diseases of sex glands – gonads (amenorrhea, polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS, infertility, menopause, hypogonadism and gynecomastia)
7. Diabetes – diabetes mellitus (diabetes mellitus type I, diabetes mellitus type II, gestational diabetes and other specific types of diabetes),
8. Abnormal nutritional status (obesity, malnutrition)
9. Lipid metabolic disorders (hyperlipoproteinemia).
In Jedro’s Rheumatology specialist ward, with part time consultants, professor Dušan Stefanović, M.D, Ph.D. and assistant professor Branislava Glišić, M.D, Ph.D, from the Military Medical Academy, we provide treatment and work on prevention of various rheumatic diseases:
1. Diffuse connective tissue diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Juvenile arthritis
- SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus)
- SSC (systemic sclerosis)
- Diffuse fasciitis with eosinophilia
- Sjogrens syndrome
- Overlap syndromes
- Reiters syndrome
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Arthritis associated with inflammatory bowel diseases
3. Osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease)
- Primary, secondary and erosive
4. Rheumatic syndromes associated with infectious agents
5. Metabolic and endocrine disorders associated with rheumatic conditions
- Gout, pseudogout, hydroxyapatite arthropathy, hemophilia, amyloidosis, etc.
7. Neurovascular diseases
- Charcot joint
- Raynauds phenomenon
8. Bone and cartilage diseases
- Pagets disease
- Tietze syndrome – costochondritis
9. Extra-articular disease
- Bursitis, enthesopathy
- Intervertebral disc disorder
10. Other joints related diseases
In Jedros Hematology ward, professor Ljiljana Tukić, M.D, Ph.D, a hematologist at the Military Medical Academy works with patients on the prevention and treatment of blood-related diseases. An experienced hematologist, professor Tukić treats patients with the following diseases of blood cells and plasma:
- Disorders of the leukocyte lineage cells morphology,
- Changes of white blood cells,
- Leukemia: acute and chronic,
- Lymphoma: Hodgkins disease, non-Hodgkin lymphoma,
- Plasmacytoid lineage disease,
- Hemorrhagic syndromes;
- Blood coagulation disorders: hemophilia, thrombosis,
In Jedros Pulmonology ward, three experienced doctors from the Military Medical Academy work on call: professor Goran Plavec, M.D, Ph.D, professor Vladimir Mrđa, M.D, Ph.D. and Stevan Sikimić, M.D.
Our team works on prevention and treatment of:
1. The most common diseases of the lower respiratory tract and lungs caused by infections:
- Acute bronchitis
- Lung abscess
- Lung mycosis
2. Bronchial asthma,
3. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,
4. Respiratory failure (insufficiency)
5. Bronchial and lung tumor,
6. Embolism and lung infraction
7. Pulmonary fibrosis.