Physical medicine and rehabilitation
Jedro’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation unit works on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases of the locomotor apparatus.
Head of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is Miodrag Nastić M.D, Ph.D, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist. Examination, diagnosis and treatment of physical diseases are also performed by Peter Pišev, M.D, and Verica Ilić, M.D, physiatrists at the Military Medical Academy, working part time.
This ward consists of: physiatrist’s office, electrotherapy facility, room for kinesitherapy, massage and locker rooms.
Physical therapy unit provides the following medical services:
- Examination by a physiatrist
- Soft tissue ultrasound
- Treatment of rheumatic diseases and rehabilitation
- Treatment of degenerative diseases of the spine, hips, knees and other joints
- Treatment of paresis, facial palsy and other peripheral nerves
- Treatment of injuries: contusions, distortions, hematoma, rupture of muscles and tendons
- Rehabilitation after orthopedic treatment and surgery
- All forms of physical therapy: laser, ultrasound, magnetic therapy
- Electrotherapy: TENS, diadynamic, interferential current, galvanic
- Individual physical therapy
- Mobilization of the spinal column, proprioception programs
- Programs for treatment of acute and chronic conditions of the spine and other joints (Mckenzie, PNF, Mulligan)
- Treatment of sports injuries
- Kinesio taping
- Medical massage, lymphatic drainage
- Osteoporosis exercise
- Corrective exercise for the spine
- Prevention and correction of deformities of the spine and flat feet in children
Specialist examination by a physiatrist includes medical history and assessment of the patient’s functioning, when a physician examines:
- Mobility of the spine and all joints
- Muscle tone, strength and atrophy
- Size and length of limbs
- State of peripheral circulation
When necessary, patients are recommended additional tests: ultrasound, X-ray, scanner, or MRI, laboratory tests, Doppler for limb blood vessels, etc.
This ward is equipped with the most advanced devices for electrotherapy, ultrasound, laser, kriotherapy and thermal therapy, manufactured by the renowned international company Enraf Nonius. Equipment for magnetic therapy is produced by a renowned manufacturer: Medical Italia. We also have a Bioptron lamp.
The room for kinesitherapy is spacious, bright, equipped with ergo-bicycle and equipment for active and passive exercise and Pilates.
In the treatment of diseases of the locomotor apparatus our expert team of physiatrists and senior physiotherapists uses combined methods of treatment: modern physiotherapy procedures, electrotherapy, konesitherapy, massages and functional treatment through specific and individual exercise programs.
We have established special programs:
Each patient is approached individually. Schedule for relaxation is made after a medical diagnosis. The program is conducted in small groups, and it is based on physiotherapeutic exercise, body massage, and the use of agents according to indications. The goals of this anti-stress program are relaxation and strengthening of the body, and informing the patients about the importance of regular physical activities.
In the treatment of cellulite, the ever-increasing aesthetic and health issue, we use individual approach. This is a great advantage in the fight against this contemporary disease, which results in weakening of circulation, retention of toxins and tissue malnutrition.
INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP exercise
Exercise classes for adults and children, individually or in groups of up to three members.
PROGRAM for Pregnant Women
Through this program, our physical therapists help pregnant women relax and prepare for labor.